View Single Post
Old 10-24-2007, 05:12 AM

Default New to SH - Am I too aggro? - 3 hands (NL50)

I am new to short handed. I am a winning player at full ring NL100. As a result of two swingy weeks I am trying out short handed at NL50 at the moment. My first sessions were quite successful, I like the game and I think about staying at SH. So I'd like to find out whether my approach to SH is +EV or whether I just got lucky in the first sessions.

So far I played 23 / 16 / 5.

Here are some examples of aggro hands that may have worked. Will they work enough times to keep playing like that?

/// Edit: all hands with six players at the table

Hand 1
Hero BB: 50$
Villain SB 50$

Hero 6 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 3 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

Preflop: 4 folds, SB completes, <font color="red"> Hero raises to 2$ </font> , SB raises to 6$, <font color="red">Hero raises to 18$ </font>

My thinking was: When SB completes he is weak, therefore I steal. He 3-bets cause he thinks I'm stealing but nevertheless he is still weak, so I 4-bet.

Hand 2
UTG: 50$
UTG+1: 50$
Hero CO: 50$

Hero T [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] T [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

Preflop: <font color="red"> UTG raises to 2$ </font>,UTG+1 calls, <font color="red"> Hero raises to 8$ </font>, UTG calls, UTG+1 folds
Flop: (18.5$) J [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 5 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 3 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
UTG checks, <font color="red"> Hero raises to 12$ </font>

Hand 3
Villain UTG 50$
Hero BU: 50$

Hero Q [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] T [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

Preflop: <font color="red"> UTG raises to 2$ </font>, 3 folds, Hero calls

Flop: (4.5$) J [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 9 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 4 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
<font color="red"> UTG raises to 2$ </font>,Hero raises to 7$ <font color="red"> UTG raises to 20$ </font>, Hero raises all in