Thread: 4 Month Checkup
View Single Post
Old 11-21-2007, 11:39 PM

Default Re: 4 Month Checkup

[ QUOTE ]
GB,
Give me a stealing range >11% that I can use from the CO and Button. As is, I feel like I am stealing constantly and bordering on being a bully who is about to get stood up to. I posted all this so that I can learn something, what can you teach me?

[/ QUOTE ]

This is probably the spot where your range should be the most dynamic, as in, don't have a set range of hands which you always steal with. If the blinds are super nitty, you may be able to profitably steal with any two cards. If they like to play back a lot and/or are better players than you, then you want to be more circumspect. I'm not an expert on blind v. button play by any stretch, nor do I steal at 46% like Ranka, but I do try to open and close my range based on who's in the blinds, effective stack sizes, and recent history. I put folded big blind to a steal on my HUD, too, which helps (although it takes a while to converge).

A default range which will get you around 30% or so is any pair, any suited ace, most unsuited aces, any suited king, any two cards ten and up, all suited connectors and one gappers, unsuited connectors. You can open up or narrow it down from there.