View Single Post
Old 10-03-2007, 12:17 AM

Default Re: Life Insurance Question

[ QUOTE ]
Thank you very much for the advice.

Any thoughts on what a policy for about 200K should cost? (about five times my income but my wife makes more then I do so this policy would pay off all our debt and provide a solid jumping off point for her)

Also, are their any loopholes I should look for in the policy such as it does not pay if such and such happens?

Thanks again,
Ken

[/ QUOTE ]

Just make sure it isn't "Accident Only", though your agent should make sure it is the right policy. The obvious, don't lie at all on the medical questions. If you pass in the first 2 years, the insurance company is going to try to do everything they can to not pay on that claim. Even the smallest mistake or omission can void the policy. After 2 years they lose that power. Hopefully you don't use tabacco at all, if you do, it will double your preium. Ask you agent about some of the riders that are available, yes they can increase his/her commision, but there are some crazy deals out there. One example is the "Return of Premium Rider", it obviously costs more, but you will get back every penny (minus any claims) that you give the insurance company. And finally, if you can afford it, pay your premium for year upfront. This can save you as much as 15% and cut into the agents commision [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]