View Single Post
Old 07-16-2007, 11:57 PM

Default Re: My friend drives drunk

most of the answers in this thread really suck. calling the cops is the single bitchest thing you can ever do if you consider this guy remotely your friend. don't do this. you're just as well off planting blow in his car or hiding a dirty gun in his laundry bin. the cheesy "explain such-and-such" to him doesn't work. here's why:

everyone knows that driving drunk is a bad idea when they are sober. alcohol impairs your judgment, including your judgment about how it's impairing your judgment vis a vis driving.

eg none of this cheesy [censored] will work, but calling the cops is the worst idea here, and i would bet that most of the people touting that idea here would pussy out bigtime if it were one of their friends. it's easy to say when you aren't personally involved.

you basically just need to force him to take a cab, or give him a ride, or take his keys. all of my friends and i go out drinking regularly and invariably someone will try to drive home too drunk to drive. we just take his keys and/or distract him until we can get a cab and/or rough him up and take his keys. it sucks, but it's easily the best option.