View Single Post
Old 08-24-2007, 08:41 PM

Default A \'let\'s be friends\' girl msgs me back... what\'s the play?

So I went out on a couple dates with this girl a few weeks back, and at the end of the 2nd date, she delivered the 'let's just be friends' talk. Ok, fine, no problem. I was moderately interested in this girl, but not to the point where I was devastated to hear that. It wasn't a big surprise anyway - although our conversations were really good, I just didn't really feel that chemistry, although that's kind of hard to gauge on the first couple of dates anyway.

But whatever. She certainly wasn't the first person to give me the 'let's be friends' speech, and probably wouldn't be the last.

However, today she did make herself the first person to ever deliberately get back into contact with me. Her message:

I don't remember how our last correspondence ended, but I don't want any bad or uncomfortable feelings fossilized between us. I think you're a damn interesting guy and I really did have great fun discussing this and that with you. You certainly are a challenge -- and that's meant to be a compliment. That's all I really wanted to say.

Oh, and thanks again for the CD
[note: We'd exchanged cd's of mp3s of our favorite music at that 2nd date]. I can't believe you crammed all those albums. Thanks, really. I haven't quite got around to listening to all the Spoon albums, but that's because I'm still obsessed with Voxtrot -- which was a nice surprise on the CD.

I hope work is going well and that you are having success on Match
[note: I met this chick online].

Right now I'm under a semi-quarantine. Bacterial infection. But the sexy kind, of course.

Ok, so seriously, why the hell would she send a message like this? Does she actually seriously want to just be friends? I hadn't contacted her at all since the end of that 2nd date (which was about 3 weeks ago), and so I figured this whole thing was over and finished. Is she having second thoughts and wants me to SIIHP? I'm confused.

OOT, please help an idiot out.