View Single Post
Old 09-18-2007, 05:56 AM

Default Re: Ask me about Adolf Hitler.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
What was Hitler's sense of humor like?

[/ QUOTE ]

It was dark and malevolent as you might imagine. No one could make him laugh as frequently as Joseph Goebbel's his old Party comrade and propoganda minister.

There is not much written about his sense of humor, but there is one story I remember that had Hitler in tears. I searched for it through my books in vain. But from memory it was about Goebbel's telling Hitler about an old opposionist newspaper editor who used to print unfavorable stories about Hitler before he assumed power.

This man was traveling home from business or something. And Goebbel's had arranged for the man to instead be flown to the Easter front. Goebbel's explaing the man's reaction to Hitler upon realization that he would be forcibly take to the Easter front is what had him in tears.

[/ QUOTE ]

There was something on the History Channel a few weeks ago, something about The lost words of hitler...all those silent films you see of hitler around his estate, etc...well I guess they came up with the technology to see what a person would be saying, it was v intresting and Hitler actually had a pretty decent sense of humor.

[/ QUOTE ]

A youtube search yielded no results. Can you give an example?