View Single Post
Old 07-27-2007, 11:02 PM

Default Re: Etiquette question: sitting out after your button

Playing a tiny stack in HULHE can negate all edges, except the house rake edge. Playing when you do have an edge, and refusing to play when you don't isn't unethical, it's common sense.

I don't think playing your button and then sitting out is unethical. It is a fair strategic advantage. I don't do it as a nabit because I hate it when people do it to me, and it's not even close to worth it. I could make maybe $100 a month in EV doing this against better players, and changing my screename as often as possible so I could get action. I don't believe players who do this are dbs, or cheaters. It's annoying and insta-tilt, but so is playing against someone who is better than you.

If someone sits down who I know is better than me HU and I have autopost on (which I rarely do), why the hell would I play my BB? I know they're better than me, so it would just be giving them money. I fully understand why this pisses BZ and gehrig off (because there aren't many better HU players around), but I'm not just going to *give* a better player .02BB every time they make the mistake of sitting with me. Once I open the client, every decision I make is poker. As long as everyone else has the same strategic bag of tricks, it's all fair.