View Single Post
Old 11-26-2007, 02:28 PM

Default Re: 1-table S&Gs - your feedback requested

I really think the rake issue is huge, as others have pointed out. I also think it is more important for your marketing to the casual player to limit STT rake than cash game rake. The rake is right there every time you sign up for a STT, you can't avoid it. A casual player would have to spend some time to find the rake difference between two sites in a cash game. In an STT is is obvious from the start.

I also think it is time to admit that the scaling of the rake as you move to higher level tournaments makes no sense at all. It can't possibly cost Stars much more to run a $255 than a $15+1. I would be shocked if someone from marketing was willing to even attempt a defense of that structure, and 'everyone else does it' isn't a defense. More games running at higher levels means fewer pros at lower stakes, which means that the casual player sticks around longer and is more competitive.

As to the blind levels, I would prefer the Party structure, but the question pales next to the rake issue.