View Single Post
Old 11-17-2007, 12:17 AM

Default Re: Leggo Poker avatars

[ QUOTE ]
i banned him. almost all his posts are designed to promote his site and they link there.

[/ QUOTE ]

Mat, I didn't remember his linkage to be that egregious, but I didn't pay that much attention to them when I was one of the great unwashed.

Since I now DO have to pay more attention, I thought I'd ask more about this ban. Did he refuse to make any changes, or was this a judgement based on his posts?

He did link to his site frequently, but when I surveyed his last few months of posts, he didn't make a huge number of references to his site as a pimped-for service.

Also, I wasn't aware that he'd added a "premium" hosting service for a fee. He'd always promoted it as a free resource for home poker players to utilize.

I took a quick gander and the main page seemed to promote the free services, rather than pushing the premium poker league services. I didn't dig into it too deeply yet.

Did I miss something? stevea wasn't a bad poster imo, and did contribute to Home Poker on a semi-regular basis. I'd like to know more about this, if possible, to get a handle on the reasoning (for my edification and future standards-setting).