View Single Post
Old 09-17-2007, 02:36 PM

Default Re: great checking account... 4.25% no fees

bumping an old thread b/c i just heard about this. has anyone used it? is it as good as claimed?

what is the connection between having the brokerage account and the checking account? i really just want the checking account, and it looks like you have to have both, but then they also say you can have the brokerage account with $0 balance. wtf?

also, what's the story with the ATM fees? they claim they're reimbursed, but this sentence makes it sound limited to Plus:

[ QUOTE ]

Unlimited ATM fee rebates when using the Schwab Bank VisaŽ Platinum Check Card at any domestic and international locations on the Plus or Visa ATM networks.

[/ QUOTE ]

but then the very next sentence makes it sound like they reimburse for any ATM. i don't get it. this is all from the fine print of this page

[ QUOTE ]
Schwab Bank will refund fees charged by ATM operators for Investor Checking when you use your Schwab Bank Visa Platinum Check Card. The rebate will appear as a lump-sum credit on the same checking account periodic statement that includes ATM fees incurred for that particular account statement cycle. Schwab Bank reserves the right to modify or discontinue the ATM fee rebate at any time. Note: Unlimited ATM rebates do not include fees imposed by merchants for POS transactions or currency exchange fees for international ATM withdrawals.

[/ QUOTE ]