View Single Post
Old 08-10-2007, 04:14 AM

Default Re: Celtics want Reggie Miller

bobbo,

link

Pros: basketball-reference rules.
Negatives: seems like a really simple model with some missing variables. It also includes height, though he has his reasons to do that.

Also he notes that the stat is meant to indicate who will likely make it to the HoF, not who should.

fwiw, Chris Mullin's score is also pretty low (.095), and he and Reggie are pretty similar, and Reggie is definitely the more prominent name. The only thing Mullin has over him is the Dream Team.

Some notables:
Steve Nash: .117 - Hurt by his lack of AS games. I think the b2b MVPs makes him a near lock. We'll see how he holds up historically, but these past 3 years have been such a huge PR gain for him.

Vince Carter: .925 - This seems too high. Amongst active players eligible for the stat (400 games I think), only Shaq, Duncan, KG, Kobe, and AI are ahead of him. Given the recent additions of Dumars and Mullin to the HoF, I guess Vince is pretty likely. But I wouldn't be the least bit surprised if he doesn't. He hasn't accomplished much, he hasn't done any of the things reporters gush about as far as playoffs are concerned. His name is still a bit tainted due to the Toronto thing, and he just seems to play out his career just outside the class of the elite, dunk contests and All Star games excluded.