View Single Post
Old 10-07-2007, 04:58 PM

Default Re: Driving the Ball 280 to 300.....Really???

[ QUOTE ]
I went to golftown today to hit a couple of clubs. on my best swing, the launch monitor had me hitting 314 with 301 carry and a 118 swing speed with the callaway FT-5, and I averaged over 300.

people just get too antsy about distance. the main reason I was there was to demo some irons with my uncle, who wants to replace his callaway X-16s. after hitting for awhile, we take a break to let this 50 something dude demo a driver. his swing looks decent but kind of feeble, and all of his shots are going less than 215 on the launch monitor. i guess he was embarassed because he started talking to my uncle about how he hits it 240 on the course every time, but the 'stupid machine' is giving him the wrong distance. i wish he had stuck around so I could complain about how the 'stupid machine' is only reporting my 350 drives as 315 (note: i have never hit a golf ball 350 yards in my life).

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, good point maybe those launch monitors are part of the reason people have inflated distances. Everyone knows they juice those numbers to sell more clubs. As for the old guy, he probably hits it 180.