View Single Post
Old 02-25-2007, 09:39 PM

Default Re: Scared of the IRS

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I will not be playing anymore. I have no more money in any sites and cannot fathom logging every session

[/ QUOTE ]

If only somebody would invent a computer program that would keep Track of my Poker results.

[ QUOTE ]
then having to log all outside play (vegas and such). The Government has ruined this pasttime for me for the time being. I will still gamble offline where it is not monitored.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think you should post your intention to evade income taxes on other public forums too, not just this one.

[/ QUOTE ]

where did I say I was planning to evade paying income tax?
The fact is, if you win 5 dollars on a scratcher or 100 on a slot machine you do not log such winnings in a binder and talley up wins and losses at the end of the year. If we all did that then there would a lot less gambling in this Country, it takes away all the fun and turns it into work.

My intention was to share how I feel about recent ongoings. It is not new to this country to criminalize its good patrons, the prohibition nearly criminalized everyone. But this hit home for the first time with me. Probably 90% of the gambling public is unaware of the regulations requiring the records needed for filing on gambling winnings. It is as much the Governments fault for this as ours. Paying taxes needn't be so complicated as to allow the IRS to make criminals out of whom they choose to.