View Single Post
Old 09-14-2007, 09:43 AM

Default Re: Focus on the Family News...

Though many, myself included, main stream Christians understand this, here is the reply from a FoF poster, interesting and I add emphasis in bold areas:

Newly confused, I can see where the confusion comes in and I will try to wade in here. When Jesus came, he simplified the Ten Commandments by saying that there were two. They were to love God above all- the first commandment and love your neighbor as yourself. If, we as a world followed those two commands of love, we wouldn't need the others. If you loved you wouldn't murder, lie or cheat or hurt other people. I know this is a fairly simple explanation for a seemingly harder question. Now, if only we could just love. That really is the key. The Ten Commandments will alway be a good way to guide us. But if we all followed what Jesus said, this world would be a better place. Mark 12 29-31. No greater commands than these.

beliver - Sep 14, 2007 04:36:05 AM

So, seems we are down to two commandments.

Actually, my point was focused on the WONDER poster and the push by the Far right to post the 10 commandments in all public / governmental places and the posters statement of not being under the Old Testament, the duality of the position, no OT, except we want OT, sometimes.

obg