View Single Post
Old 11-29-2007, 10:49 AM

Default Re: 400 NL: Deep stack committed? Seems ridiculous but should I c/f ri

Flop bet is fishy,makes it less likely he has Aj...... yes he mayyyy have aj of spades, but the bet makes no sense for any of the other aj hands..and that tiny bet with ajs is gross too..i also think he would shove aj on the turn if he had it the majority of the time...what is villain trying to "trap" hero for his remaining 300 after calling a 400 raise? LOL at that....obviously u lost the hand, so everyone is gonna be way results oriented....but in a vacuum not wanting to get it in on the turn is soooo weak

look guys....yes its deep.... but not even THAT deep, the guy is like 180 bb or something and is a DONK who has taken wierd lines,does DONKISH stuff, and thus far as refused to fold......just calling the turn is giving up WAY to much value because so many river cards can kill your action or potentially beat u. Second nuts, against a donk, out of position, two flush draws on the board, lots of 2/pr set type hands.............. this is the only time your gonna extract value in the hand

if we were 300bb deep or more then id consider a bit more pot control, but this is 180bb against a [censored] donk.........id be thrilled to get it in on the turn...if u are leading turn, then only calling min raise, then check calling or bet folding river....what are u waiting for? this guy stacks off with way worse here, its not the best spot, but just going into check call mode with second nuts against a donk leaves too much value on the table for me.....

Once u get to the river, u have to shove, but i wouldnt like my hand.....its just the lesser of two evils.....kind of like the turn raise here, although im much more happy about getting it in on the turn then shoving the river