View Single Post
Old 06-18-2007, 08:02 PM

Default Re: Nutrition Questions and Dietary Fads

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
If you're prone to colds and infections, vit C will likewise work wonders.

[/ QUOTE ]

I did a longass research paper on vitamin c in like 7th grade. My research concluded that this claim is BS and has been disproven by many different scientists.

[/ QUOTE ]

I've now completely given up on putting any worth in studies, there's just way too much conflicting advice, and i've just gone the testing route. If i hear something that makes sense to me i'll test it for a month and keep or bin it.

Vitamin C is one i kept. I take 1mg each day before i made improvements to by diet and have never gotten a cold since unless i've slept extremely badly in recent days. Sure, this could be down to other reasons but at the cheap price and no side effects i'm keeping it.

This next one is even more radical and based on research with an incentive so buyer be aware. But if i have gotten a cold or mild illness, as said from sleeping poorly, sleeping in the cold, doing something that's lowered my immune system, when the symptoms appear i'll take 4mg of Vitamin C. So far this has only been 3 times (today after my vegas fight) and it seems to work amazingly w/o any side effects. FWIW, i heard that from vitamincfoundation.org (they recommend way higher). Also worth noting that if i take 2mg of vitamin C in good health i'll piss it out right away, with a cold i wont release any of it. It's on wikipedia that some scientists believe that's one indicator as to how much vitamin c we require.

8 glasses of water recommendation i kept, i drink about 6 pints per day. Strangely, most noticeable effect was i don't feel tired waking up in the morning.