View Single Post
Old 08-23-2006, 08:02 AM

Default Re: 2K6m. bottom set facing a big river push.

tbg

im struggling with this hand, to be honest. i might be able to sway this to a call. In practice, I rarely see this big bet from a worse made hand. But in theory, I think the opponent definitely should be value betting like this with worse made hands, which pushes this to a call. If he holds Aces up or something like that, there is really no reason to ever think his hand is not good on the river, so if he thinks you are capable of being a hero, or using reverse psychology against yourself, then I think a capable opponent should push a lot of pair hands.

Its a call not only because you beat hands that could b value betting, but your opponents bluff freq should also be fairly high if he is playing well, because how the f'ck can u call here very often.

So in theory, call! I still just dont see this enough from pure bluffs or worse made hands, but I think against a very good opponent I call, and against a non thinking player where you only beat a bluff (and your hand is as good as one pair of aces) I fold.

ni han
jason