View Single Post
Old 10-24-2007, 11:38 PM

Default Re: Fulltilt froze my account with 47 grand in it

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
These sites have way too much control over what they can and cannot do with our funds. There is no accountability and their decisions are always final. There should be 3rd party company who handles situations like this, or at least a company based somewhere where we as players have rights. Back when I lost over 40K on Full Tilt they told me that my comp was compromised and that someone did access my account and dump all the funds but there was nothing they could do. Their word is always law and it really frustrates me, I've had money frozen on Ongame as well without even getting an email about it. My situation with Ongame worked out but it was very frustrating. I hope everything turns out ok for you.

[/ QUOTE ]

You're right. Sites shouldn't control what you do with your own money and I don't think most sites do. They haven't confiscated the funds yet, the funds are most likely just sitting in the account awaiting a resolution one way or another.

One recommendation I can make to OP to expedite the investigation is to speak with your lawyer and perhaps issue an official legal letter stating that immediate action needs to be taken by Full Tilt Poker to reopen the account. If it is one thing that I have learned from many years as a CS manager, it is that poker sites do not enjoy receiving threats of legal action against the sites. It should give more than enough incentive for Full Tilt to finish off the case, or at the least to give better communication as to what is going on with the account. I would recommend this to all players if you feel you are being treated unfairly and poorly by any site's policies when they are holding your account under suspension and you have no idea why.

[/ QUOTE ]

I appreciate your post as well as those who have posted in hopes of helping me find a solution. I believe it is time to make a change in the way Poker sites have dealt with situations similar to this one. Don't get me wrong, I understand the sites have a responsibility to the players, and that protection of all players should be paramount. The way it's being done now, is just wrong.

Perhaps, we as a community can find a way to make communication a two way street. Maybe an outside unbiased auditiong company. Maybe a phone line where we could actually talk to a live person, as bouglas suggessted. This would help assuage the stress level of a person who is in this position. I'm throwing it out to you all.

Clearly , there have been situations where a site has frozen an account. This person was left in the dark from days to up to 6 weeks. Only to have their account reinstated with no explanation and then expected to resume playing as if nothing ever happened.

If it were that easy to get my lawyer to write a letter, I would do it in a heartbeat. As the sites are not on American soil, American lawyers have no jurisdiciton. I'm a poker player, not a law student so if I'm off base here,let me know.

It is my understanding that I have 2 options. Either I sit and wait till the site contacts me, or I contact the Kahnawake Gaming Commission. I know nothing about the latter. For all I know , they are controlled by the sites, in which case, I'm back to square one.

Has anyone , for whatever reason, contacted the Kahnawake Gaming Commission. If so, why and what was the outcome.

I am not big on regulation, but I do believe that from the tone of these posts that we all are ready for some kind of structure. Situations like mine are only going to increase.

While I'm not a big fan of our current administration, I know that if this situation happened on US soil, I would not be treated like I live in a 3rd world country.