Thread: Gone Baby Gone
View Single Post
Old 10-20-2007, 08:42 AM

Default Re: [b]Gone Baby Gone[/b]

I thought this was better than Mystic River. This film made me seriously angry at times and thinking to myself at others and when a movie can get the wheels turnin' as well as draw emotion from you (any emotion) then it is doing something right.

I thought Casey Affleck was really good in this film as well as Ed Harris but EH rocks so that was expected.

I am sort of getting tired of Morgan Freeman, he is getting in that Pacino mode for me where every time I see him on the screen he seems to be acting the same--different roles but same beat down, weathered, boring old man w/o any pop. Pacino plays the guy that has to yell every time he talks and over act every scene. Sucks b/c both guys are classic. I don't know if I explained that very well.

One thing that bothered me throughout this entire movie was that I could barely make out a lot of the dialogue the Boston accents were so thick. Now don't start w/ me on authenticity etc., b/c every other movie where the good 'ol Irish Catholic boys are rolling w/ the "ahhhhs" I had no problem understanding them--this was just really hard to understand.