View Single Post
Old 11-20-2007, 06:55 PM

Default Re: seizures while sleeping

hey i found this post because the same thing happened to me. i'm only 21. well, i didn't wake up but i happened to be sharing a room with some friends at the time, who saw me shaking all over while i was sleeping. they couldn't see me in the dark but could hear me moving my arms and legs really quickly against the bed, not just in shivvery movements. i slept soundly for the rest of the night and woke up in the morning cold and soaked in sweat. i'd been getting the night sweats for a few months though, and having bad nightmares because of something i went through in real life!

a couple of my friends reassured me that it probably wasn't a fit because they knew people with epilepsy and other conditions causing seizures, and they said that after a fit you feel very strange when you wake up the next day. just like growlers said. so i'm feeling alot more reassured now! it seems i was just having nightmares and chills.

i'd say you're probably just experiencing some kind of sleep disturbance. night terrors are a possibility if you're having nightmares or don't remember your dreams!