View Single Post
Old 11-10-2007, 07:42 AM

Default Brief Trip Report for Mohegans poker pro tables...

I went and tried them out for the first time tonite. They opened at 8 am Friday Morning, however I didnt get there till 11pm Friday night. It took about 5 minutes to set up poker pro accnt on my players card and another 5 min to deposit.
They had about 16 tables set up. Around 10 Full games and 6 or so Heads up games. The only tables running were 2 1/2 NL games and 2 3/6 LHE games. Im not sure if the heads up games were working yet as there was no one playing them and I didnt ask.

There were lists for 2/5 NL and an 08 game (not sure what limit but i think it was 4/8). Didnt matter as both lists had a max of 2 names on it at once and neither got going.

I didnt play the 3/6 game but the floor told me the rake on those two games was your standard rake with a 4$ cap. As for the 1/2 game it was a time game of 5$ per 1/2 hour with a 60 min/300 max buy in. The difference from Foxwoods is you pay your time you as soon as you sit and dont pay again till 1/2 hour later. The time is collected individually when your 1/2 hour is up and not from all players at once.

Now by 2 am it was down to 1 of each game and by 4 it was down to 1 and we were playing 5 handed. Still had to pay full time till the game broke up around 5am.

Overall i didnt think it was too bad for my first time trying out the machines. Games were very loose as someone raising to 50 UTG and would get at least 2 callers. LOL. I was like WTF. Anyhow i made 300 when i quit so i guess it wasnt too bad. My guess is as soon as the word gets out they will probably do ok for them for now at least.

Edit: To add something i forgot a player requested a seat change and no one seemed to know how to let him change without paying his time again