View Single Post
Old 11-27-2007, 03:54 PM

Default My Vegas trip (Luved Venetian and Caesars PRs)

My trip to Vegas was awsome. I loved the place. I did play poker at Mirage, Venetian, MGM Grand, Imperial Palace, Ceasars Palace. Made money at Venetian and Caesars. Lost elsewhere. I played 4/8, 10/20 LH and 1-2 NL.

My impressions of the poker rooms:
Venetian is an awsome room with great action. The first day I played 4/8 there the games were so juicy one guy even asked if trips are better than flush or something like that. I saw people buying in more than five times at that table and donating. Doubled my buy in there. Lost all that at the Mirage 10/20. Over all impression of Mirage was that players were good at my table. I didnt catch a frickin card for two hours. I got hit really bad like half my buy in in a single hand where I had pocker 2s, board came A 2 4. I played super agressively after the flop raising , three betting and all that. Turn was a five, slowed me down, even though I didnt put any one on a st at that moment on that table since I raised with 22s pre flop. River was a 4 giving me full house and my raising knew no bounds and then it hit me, the guy showed a better full house when he caught his trip 5s on the turn. Tough loss. and then never really recovered. The two steal attempts(when I was button and every one folded) I thought they were turned out to be the big stack catching AAs both times in less than 30 min in the blinds. Ahhh..I said to be myself, left and went to Venetian again that night, quadrapuled playing 1-2 NL. Again very soft games, every one is afraid to bet..one hand I raised with 8-6 suited, turned a str. The very next hand had KKs and flop comes K 77... no one believed me. That was fun.
MGM grand was not good to me, but the poker room was nice. Played two SnGs, lost both when my KKs didnt held up against 8s...cant believe the guy called with pocket 8s when I reraised him just like 15 min into the tourney. I couldnt fold KKs, may be I should have, but I had like 300 left after reraising...then played another SnG, did very well, been a chip leader for most of the time, and then A2 guy all in bluffs at me when I had KQ and the flop come KQA, turn is a deuce. I am out. Went back to venetian one more time, made some money. Last day went to see Ceasars poker room and it just wowed me. It is an awsome poker room with big portraits of Poker greats along side boxing, football greats pictures... I struggled for almost two and half hours before starting to catch cards... made a decent double up again. So over all I loved it there in Vegas playing poker. I didnt fulfill one wish though, playing at Bellagio..didnt get time.

Is venetian always like that..soft at 4/8 , and low NL levels?

One hand worth mentioning was at Caesars - I limped in with 3 4 of diamonds as I was sick of waiting for cards for almost two hours, well some times I play suited connectors as low to mix up my play. 5 people in the pot, I am third to act. Flop comes all diamonds (QT7). I flopped the flush. Small blind bets surprisingly (he was a tight player), BB raises .. I was like what the heck and I insta three bet it to scare away the other two callers. I put one of them BB and with two pair or top pair and one with the ace of diamonds. The asian guy next to act called 3 bets and button folds. The turn comes Ace, I keep betting and get two callers again but SB folds. So now I know BB is playing with ace of diamonds or two pair and I have no fricking idea as to what the asian dude had. River comes ace of diamonds...I was like sick in the stomach...I check and the asian guy bets, the BB calls and I fold. I was like hoping to see the nut flush, but the asian guy turns over AQ no diamonds... holy cow, he called three bets cold afer raise, re raise, and rereraise on a board of three diamonds...what can any one ask for..except for people like him to play at your table...and then catches Q, A on the turn and river to win the pot. I dont know I didnt feel bad at all after that hand.. I was just smiling all the time thinking about it how any one can play like that ...may be they can and its all good!