View Single Post
Old 05-10-2007, 05:45 PM

Default Re: OESD on a mono flop

[ QUOTE ]
Just curious - is it really much of a leak to call this preflop?

If he is tight pf (say PFR < 6) he often has a very solid hand here...AQs+ JJ+

And he is c-betting here pretty much every time

So 5$ more for a guaranteed 20$ pot, and likely a 3/4ths pot bet after you check the flop...

So between 6:1 and 8:1 on your money, and you can likely stack him if you flop something lucky.

Unless a player has been min reraising like this frequently, I call the 5$ most of the time with the intention of busting an overpair.

That said, I think you can wait for a better flop. It is marginal, but even if one of the flop cards wasnt a heart, I'd play back.

Mono flop I fold.

Is my line of thought wrong here? Is this a leak?

*edit*

And to take this a step further - is there a site where you can determine your % chance to flop ahead of another hand? I know there are plenty of places that will calc your odds to the river, but I have no idea how to estimate what % of the time a suited 1-gapper hits a playable flop (say 8+ outs or ahead of an overpair)

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't have a huge problem with the call of the raise. You are getting pretty decent odds on a call.

My point was the original flop raise could be bad if we know that he is reraising us light. In that case raising is the worst play. I would think calling would be more profitable as it gives you better implied odds and an increased chance that the pot will be multiway.