View Single Post
Old 11-11-2007, 12:26 AM

Default Re: Kinduv awkward stacks for a 3-bet

i don't mind the just folding option myself...cuz i'm a nit... do the stack math... you are still going to be at a healthy M of 15ish then have 8 hands til blinds hit you.... even when the blinds go up you'll still be at an M of 12ish. both spots you still have a little room to make a move with or pick up a better hand. so fold equity is very ++++

if you were suited i might like a play back at him. but not with offsuit trash which could be dominated. i'd like a backdoor to sneak in myself. i lose to pushes by people with this crap w/ my AKs all the time (which would favor the call of his reshove) cuz your bet is so huge it looks like a steal and you want to end the hand.

anyways, you said he's raised this amount 2 times and folded also to a reraise, so he's clearly capable of folding. it looks like he made the same set up play and sprung the trap with AA, KK or AK, either that or he just got sick of you bullying him and decided to put his foot down.

i really don't see why you make such a "premium hand" huge raise which are generally made OOP w/ a hand that could be a 1/3 fave instead of a cointoss or better (AK) against most hands in his range.

in terms of bet size, like you said, i'm definitely in favor of the 3 bet or even making it just 1500 ... instead of the 5 better which looks like utter brute force (there's a reason you save that for AA, KK and AK)

i think i'd play with a stop and go here.....flat call getting 3/1ish and if you hit a 10 get em in and see how he reacts... or maybe if it comes like a 8 hi raggy thing, then probe bet and see how he reacts. this option gets you out alot cheaper when you miss which you will 2/3