View Single Post
Old 06-26-2007, 12:48 PM

Default Re: ZeeJustin claims Angleshooting by known pro in 50K Horse

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
why didn't the dealer give him change from his turn bet? he said he had an oversized chip in the pot from the turn so just said "bet" without putting chips in the pot. is this standard?

I always get change from the dealer before the hand progresses, not like I ask for it either, the pot is just supposed to be 'right' at the end of each betting round, no?

[/ QUOTE ]

From what I know (which may not be much), you bet with an oversize chip, saying "bet" and the dealer will not bother making change until there is a call. This eliminates time wasted because if there is no call, you're getting the chip back along with the whole pot. This is standard practice by good dealers who don't want to waste time making change if noone is calling your bet. Once it's called, THEN change is made.

T

[/ QUOTE ]

Of course many times the next card is dealt before the change is made, as was apparently here. That doesn't directly affect this situation, but did because ZJ didn't actually physically have to put chips out. I don't remember ever seeing someone bet before they were given change, but there doesn't seem to be anything wrong with it?