View Single Post
Old 11-30-2007, 03:41 AM

Default Re: Tales of the Grassroots: Ron Paul

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I don't preach him, if that's what you mean by evangelism. I just bring him up in conversation. I'm not religious either, FWIW.

Anyway, I live in Des Moines and this is what I've seen for signs so far, that I remember. Yard signs: Hillary (2) Obama (2) Paul (1) Tancredo (1). Bumper stickers: Obama (6) Hillary (5) Edwards (2) Romney (1) Giuliani (1) Paul (1, my own) Huckabee (1). (lots of Bush and Kerry obv, they're a little slow here)

I've also heard from my politics professor that the "social conservatives have decided on a candidate, and that man is Mike Huckabee." So, caucuses should be interesting. I'm ready to battle.

[/ QUOTE ]

roflmao. Huckabee a social conservatives candidate. They have short memories. His record as guvna was as liberal as they come.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think Huckabee could get away with it if it wasn't for his record on immigration. Trying to give scholarships to illegals isn't going to go well with America no matter how you spin it. Welfare is something that can be sold when it's going to people like you.