View Single Post
Old 09-20-2007, 04:14 AM

Default Re: Can i get some insight 10nl

[ QUOTE ]
Anyway, the flop in this hand is extremely bad for your hand. You have flopped an idiot end OESD where you use only one hole card. It is unlikely that this is the best straight draw out. There is also a flusdraw out there. And fives will give other people straights, so hitting a set isn't gonna help you either.

[/ QUOTE ]

UTG limp/raised preflop I think it's unlikely he hit a straight draw on this board. Maybe Button did, but he has a very wide range with his limp/call PF so I'm not crazy scared about him having a higher OESD.

But you're right about the flush draw. So combined the possibility of a higher straight draw and FD, and stack sizes makes me not want to play a pot here with the Button.

But I am willing to gamble that our draw is clean against UTG's shoving range (assuming we lead the flop). I think there's also a fair chance UTG shoves some weird hand we have already beat given his stack.

So if Hero leads the flop, no matter how UTG responds, if Button calls or raises we are done with the hand unless we manage to hit the turn/river. But, if UTG gets involved, and Button folds, I don't mind getting all-in with him.

Obviously it would be ideal if both villains fold to Hero's lead which makes up most of the profitability of the lead.

I don't think anyone has agreed with me that leading the flop is good here - could def be wrong iuno.