View Single Post
Old 09-25-2007, 02:29 PM

Default Re: Fastest You\'ve Ever Driven

when i was 16, i took my mom's car (nissan something) to go pick up my friend for our basketball game. we were blasting "no sleep til brooklyn" as loud as it could go and i said to him, "wow i'm going almost 120 and it doesn't feel like i'm even speeding."

seconds later as i approached my exit i saw the flashing lights behind me and realized that i was [censored]. the cop came to my window and said, "do you know why i pulled you over?"

me, "uh, no."

cop, "i clocked you at 95, but i saw that you slowed down right after you saw me."

me, "actually this is my exit, i would have slowed down a lot more if i saw you."

there was a mandatory court date for doing 40 over (speed limit was 55 at the time on 696 outside of detroit) and i pleaded guilty with an excuse. the judge asked what my reason was and i said that i was used to driving my car which was an 84 dodge charger that topped out at 55, so i wasn't used to paying attention to my speed.

not surprisingly he said my excuse was no good and i had to pay around $150 (a small fortune to me at the time) and got 4 points. i was fortunate though that i didn't end up with a reckless driving charge or get my mom's car impounded.

to this day, every time that i hear "no sleep til brooklyn" i think of that story.