View Single Post
Old 03-14-2007, 12:50 PM

Default Re: What goes with liquor?

[ QUOTE ]

TO WARBUS: "When you include beer coolers, back office, storage/trash room, counter/register, shelves & displays the space fills up quickly."

I dont think I will need/want a back office... and I dont think its optimal to use such expensive space for STORAGE. I have very little experiece though, so this might be standard for all I know.

[/ QUOTE ]

Back office: It does not need to be big. Just someplace to deal with cash, invoices, ordering, etc. There is a lot of stuff that needs to be done that shouldn't be in front of customers/employees.

Storage: A back room is helpful for:
deliveries- you don't want your aisles filled and you may not be able to unload an order right away.
excess inventory- especially important when overstocked during holiadys. There should be several holidays where you will double or triple order. Boxes of product stacked in various places looks bad.
putting together displays
excess boxes- everything gets delivered in a box which needs to be broken down and taken to the dumpster
cleaning supplies
excess shelving
random stuff that just seems to accumulate

A back room takes away from the sales floor but indirectly helps the store. It makes sure the rest of the store looks as professional as possible.