Thread: I am tapped
View Single Post
Old 08-09-2006, 04:47 PM

Default Re: I am tapped

I have a very hard time believing any of this story is true, simply because the swings involved are so ridiculous.

If it's not just a fish story, then the player here needs more than just "you're an addicted gambler" talks. He really needs to learn how to play poker -- a major component of which is risk-management and playing only in situations which are appropriate to your bankroll. Beyond that, I simply don't believe that any player would achieve upswings like this without putting a lot of money on very bad play -- and this goes double if the player in question is only 18 years old.

Word to the wise, kid: every player thinks he's "ready to go pro" when he's running exceptionally well. But one of the things that separates a real pro from a lucky amateur is the ability to recognize the difference between merely running well and actually playing well. From what you've posted, you need to study up on this concept -- a lot. That, and bankroll management.

Anyway, I don't mean this as attacking or criticism, just an honest assessment (which I presume you were inviting by posting this). Best of luck to you, and I hope you're able to learn from this experience and build something positive out of it, wherever you go from here.

q/q