View Single Post
Old 11-07-2007, 07:01 PM

Default Re: San Francisco Bay Area: Your favorite things to do or places to go

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

One good thing SF truly lacks - decent pick up hoops.

[/ QUOTE ]

So true. It's killing me inside man.

[/ QUOTE ]

Eh... the public in general is never really any good.

I think you need to join leagues to find any real competition if you had a solid squad.

Another place I like to play at is Palega (Silver, it's uh... near San Bruno St.) and Chinatown Recreation Center (Although people complain that the people there are terrible.)

I play there because they're free, open gyms.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm in a few leagues and I drive to other places to play all the time. I've found pretty high quality runs with some Pro-Am guys.

It's just crazy to me that there aren't 20 basketball nuts like me in a city this big who would go out every day to play pick-up. I guess I could get a gym membership to the Bay Club or whatever it's called, but I'm broke.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm trying to find a good pickup game as well. Delores Park sometimes has run, there's been times I've passed by when it's empty as well. I live by Glen Park, so the Marina is just too far. I might check out that spot down on Silver.

[/ QUOTE ]

Dolores Park is sooooooo bad that I lived 2 blocks away from the court for the last 3 years and refused to set foot on the court. Bunch of whining, cheating, hacking, and shot jacking ime. That place is dead to me.

If anyone wants to run, the UCSF gym (China Basin) sells basketball cards for $35 - $45 for 7 or 8 use cards (I'm a member and don't rember the specifics of the card). While run is sporadic most days - good games consistently run on Friday after noons from 3:30 - 6:00 and Saturday mornings. Don't know if you need to know a member to purchase the card, but if you're looking for decent run with good people in a nice gym - this is it.

Also, if anyone wants to get a team together to play in a league, let me know. I'd love to get a squad together.