Thread: 2008 Seahawks
View Single Post
Old 06-27-2007, 06:44 PM

Default Re: 2008 Seahawks

[ QUOTE ]
You mysteriously skipped over a couple of Dids' points. Namely, that the defense should be significantly upgraded. Two new starting safeties, Kearney in for the utterly useless Wistrom, Tubbs back, and some more DL depth.

[/ QUOTE ]

Those were fair points. I'm not arguing that the Seahawks have upgraded their abysmal secondary and helped their D-Line.

Meanwhile, Alexander is turning 30 and W.Jones is going to be 34 in January. The key to their Super Bowl team, the great O-Line, is gone.

This is the cycle that most NFL teams go through. They patch up holes from the previous year, but meanwhile the rest of the team ages and gets worse. Seattle didn't add much young talent elsewhere to the roster. The teams that compete year after year after year are constantly adding lots of young talent to the roster. Seattle had, what, two first day picks and no first rounder.

Meanwhile, Arizona has a roster loaded with young talent. More importantly, Matt Leinart is entering his second year as a starter and should improve and they drafted (imo) a good tackle to fill a gaping hole in their O-Line. They also upgraded their coach and added the best O-Line coach in the business. San Fran also has good young talent and went on an absurd spending spree in free agency, adding some top-notch players.

[ QUOTE ]
I don't think people who don't follow football/Seahawks realize just how much they missed Shaun and Matt.

[/ QUOTE ]

Of course I do. I'm an Eagles fan. I spend every year watching my team play half the season without McNabb and/or Westbrook.