View Single Post
Old 11-03-2007, 11:55 AM

Default Re: DVD Discussion: Before Sunrise

[ QUOTE ]

I've had a "what if" situation in my life. I think about my ex from time to time and I miss him. He and I talked a lot. Occasionally when I'm driving in my car, or walking across a campus, I will think about him and wonder if my life would have been better if we had stayed together. We had something pretty special. I could call him up right now and we would slip right back into our groove. There would be no awkwardness or bitterness. We were completely on the same wavelength whether talking about life's disappointments, politics, our funny fights, family members. We talked a lot like Jesse and Celine. I miss that.

[/ QUOTE ]

So why don't you??

[ QUOTE ]

Her hair is falling across her face and Jesse cannot see her. He starts to reach down to brush the hair out of the way so he can see her face, just as she sits up. She notices this motion and immediately pulls her hair back. I’ve always loved that scene because it strikes me as something that most guys wouldn’t do. I don’t know, something about it seemed intimate, which was a big hook for me in believing his legitimate interest in her so early in the movie.

[/ QUOTE ]

Girls love this kind of intimacy. Most guys won't do this sort of thing (brush the hair out of your face) because it's a very intimate move. It shows a girl that a guy is really interested and if the girl doesn't feel the same way back it's awkward. However, if the girl feels the same attraction then it's a very great move.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Katy, you're always saying things like "guys don't do this or feel that" and I don't like it! [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img] First, it just ain't true. Guys love intimacy as much as girls. And if you've found that not to be the case, you're just hanging around the wrong guys! We want that special someone, that wondrous connection, just as much as you do. We want to be able to laugh and talk and "banter" back and forth, too.

I know we've all been disappointed with our love life at one time or another, and it hurts, so maybe that's why you sound frustrated with men at times...but I guess that's fair considering the amount of female bashing you have to put up with on this sight...

Anyway...I just wanted to remind you that guys and girls are not so differant as you think, and that in the end, we all want the same thing: someone to love.