View Single Post
Old 05-26-2006, 04:12 PM

Default MAFIA: TURF WARS (GAME THREAD)

<u>Rules</u>

Votes must be in bold. Votes in quote boxes will not count.

Try not to edit your posts. If you must edit the formatting, that's fine. Do not change the content. As an addendum to this, when you bold something, please put an end tag on it. It's very easy, and avoids frustration for others quoting your post, who then have to edit.

If you sign up to play, you will play. If you don't vote in a day period, I will PM you. If you do not respond to that PM, or vote the next day, I will try and find a replacement for you. I'm not going to try &amp; see if you made a post but didn't vote. I'm going to look at empty spots on my vote count. If you have to back out of the game at any time, that's fine, just PM me in advance. If you have a replacement lined up, let me know, it will save me much hassle.

There's no talking at night. We all know this. Try &amp; obvserve this rule.

Dead people can't talk. They occasionally are able to send 1 last PM to the game mod with no strategy information. The game mod reserves the right to post it in the thread or not.

There's no talking outside the thread unless your role specifically allows it. I would prefer dead people didn't discuss the game either, but I know you will. At least try not to discuss the game with the active players.

Non players - please do not post in the thread. Please do not spam the thread with Turbo games. We can all see the sign-up threads, and any players who are interested can go join.

<u>Flow of the Game</u>

For the first two days, I will set a time limit. I'll open the day at 7AM, before I leave for work. I'll close it shortly after 10PM. Obviously, day will end if a majority is reached at any time.

After the first two days, we'll play until a majority is reached. There are 2 reasons I'm doing it like this.

1. I like games where a majority is required. It encourages participation
2. Reaching a majority the first 2 days can be painful. It can also turn people off the game. I hate AFK players, so I'm going to try &amp; avoid this. Hence the time limit days 1 &amp; 2.

Players
Alex Levin
areinitz
Cancer Merchant
DMBFan
Don West
Elevens
Evans67
fishmonger
fnord
GetThere1Time
Hornacek
iron_yuppie
kbar
Kyro
KyrosMom
MDoranD
nicholasp27
pudley
ScottHoward
thebram
tokyo
traz
VR
wdcbooks
zero

Alternates
pistolero
chuckleslovakian
xorbie

I will be sending out PMs this afternoon and this evening. If I don't get your read receipt by Tuesday morning when I post the Intro, I'm going to replace you. That will be early, probably around 7AM, before I go to work. If you want to play, but won't get the PM by then, PM me now. If you won't be playing, also PM me now.

I'll be posting the full set of rules right after this. Any questions should be asked in this thread, so that all players will see it. If you feel a question could give away your role, PM it to me. I'll post any questions sent like this anonymously, with answers.

If you would like to be an alternate, please do not post in this thread. PM me, I'll put you on my list. If you're currently an alternate you may ask a question.

Again, the game is starting May 30, 7AM Eastern time. No game posts until then.