View Single Post
Old 10-31-2007, 09:38 PM

Default Am I gonna get audited

Hey I am new to this and was just wondering if I have a chance of being audited. I have won between 15 and 20 grand this year in online poker at Pokerstars. Now I have blown most of my money just on partying, car troubles, old debts with my parents, general living expenses, and legal problems-Partying costs more than you think. So right now I have about $6000 --$2000 in the bank and $2000 in cash left over + $2000 more on Pokerstars for my Bankroll. I have not made any purchases major purchases and have only had $1000 dollar checks sent to me each time-this because I read somewhere that an instituion that cashes a check over $1500 has to report it to the government. I have cashed most of my checks from pokerstars at Walmart and have not made a deposit to my bank for mor than $1000 dollars at a time. My bank account has never exceeded $3000. And one other thing. I also have a part time job somewhere else wher I have made about $13000 so far this year but that is all being taxed. Sorry for such a long question but anybody who has been in my position feel free to give some advice. Thanks in advance