View Single Post
Old 11-27-2007, 08:16 PM

Default Re: My Battle with mu_empire

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
if you're gonna fold JJ on the 776 board to a raise, checking behind there on the flop is so much better... why did you bet?

if u check he will bluff into you or you'll get value easily but against someone hyper aggro bet/folding that board is awful imo

[/ QUOTE ]

i agree that checking behind is viable, but i bet for value and to protect my hand becasue i can easily get CCed by draws and by worse one pair hands.

bet folding is no where near awful for a 3x pot bet, i mean seriously? it's risk reward vs this guy, i wrote in my blog response to gabe that i would have called two kings instantly, and two queens after debate. it's mostly having to deal with the % of time he has an overpair and the size of it, and the amount of equity taht his overcard + club draw hands have vs my range.

it is super unfortunate that my hand was at the bottom end of my made hand range for betting that flop, but i folded pretty quickly once he insta shoved. i might have tanked a lil but i think in my mind i folded almost the second he shoved. he was hyper aggro when checked to, but not hyper aggro to CR. my c-bets, in fact, had a tremendous success rate.

[/ QUOTE ]

you think a guy like this is going to check/call with worse hands than JJ often enough to make a flop cbet good? plz

[/ QUOTE ]

lol? yes? tons of gut shots and pairs like two fours that he might ormight not shove?

my hand is strong, but not strong enough to call off 2 or 3 buy ins necessarily. IF that hand is a call (like we could ever know exactly what he does often enough over infinite trials), then it is probably by a narrow margin.

also, pretty hard for you to think the flop is not a bet if you weren't playing him