View Single Post
Old 11-14-2007, 09:04 AM

Default Re: High Stakes Poker thread (11/12 - 500k Buyin - Part 2 Spoilers aho

[ QUOTE ]
I think Gold played this hand badly and this really sums up the difference between a top cash game player like PA and Gold.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think that post really sums up how low and scared you must play.

[ QUOTE ]
That turn bet of PA absolutely screams AJ in a deep stack high stakes cash game like this. He check calls the undersized bet on the flop and then comes out betting- what else does he have? AK

[/ QUOTE ]

lolol. Let's see:
Q/10,
K/10,
K/Q,
3/3,
10/10,
Q/Q,
Many, many four-flushes and other semi-bluff hands,
Many, many pure bluff hands.

Gold was not putting Antonius on A/K obviously. First, that's an unlikely 1 outer, and second he knows that the big raise will cause Antonius to fold. He obviously had him on/hoped he had a lesser set or some sort of big draw, maybe pair+flush draw. Also I'll guess you have never played with PA, nor do you have much idea how he perceives Gold. You can't say for sure that he might have been convinced Gold was bluffing and called all-in with even two pair. Or A/K? PA isn't exactly a God, you know. Just because you've read about it or saw him play a few good hands. Likewise with everyone's perception that Gold is bad. I've seen countless hands where PA overvalues his hands and makes ridiculous over-calls. I've never seen Gold do this, yet so many have the perception that he does. But that's inadvertently one of the reasons why PA is such a big winner. And Gold is also a very high winning online cash game player.