View Single Post
Old 10-18-2007, 10:56 AM

Default Re: sorry and i\'m alive

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Dids is right on this one, any other poster gets immediately called out for borrowing a lot of money and then vanishing, they don't get to say they're sorry and then slink away again without paying anyone back.

[/ QUOTE ]
I'm destined to regret getting involved in this, but two things about the bolded text:

- do you know that he borrowed "a lot" of money? "A lot" is subjective anyway, dependent on people's bankrolls and how much they are bothered by outstanding debt. He may have borrowed "a little" from a number of people, and the fact that the people who are owed only mention it in passing implies that they aren't too bothered by it, at least not yet, or that they may be classy enough to bring it up in private instead of airing it over the forums.

- he may have vanished, but it seems to be for personal reasons, not to run away from a debt. More importantly, he returned and asked for contrition.

In short, the people who he owes should be the ones having a beef with him, not their friends or any of us. I don't see how it's our business, given that those are all personal relationships that transcend 2+2 anyway.

[/ QUOTE ]

Tuq,

Point to me to all the other times where 2p2/OOT gave a [censored] about what was their business or not?

I'm not sure how we suddenly get concerned with matters of decorm and good form just because a guy who built his reputation on being a caustic [censored] crawls back with his tail between his legs.