View Single Post
Old 10-31-2007, 10:12 PM

Default Re: FW 20 I Donk(Hand Against Myself)

[ QUOTE ]
PJ: A villain's opening range in this spot includes hands like A9/A8/A7.(and their suited versions) Every hand we move farther down is significant and this doesn't even take the 1 straight we can make into account. I would venture to say that the jump from AT-->A9 is almost as signifcant as from AJ-->AT. After that, the gaps become smaller.

That said, this shouldn't degenerate into a preflop discussion. What are my most likely hands given my preflop call/flop donk?

[/ QUOTE ]

pf is insta call for 1 bet closing action. AT very different than A9o. i call ATo in a second and fold A9o fairly readily barring specific read on opener 3 off button (but then again, i've seen some horrible opens at fw so i don't toss too much in the blinds).

your hands: QJs/KQs/KQo (given HJ's badness and MP's pf aggressiveness. i've seen K8o in that spot 3 off the button from an aggressive pf opener at FW) KJs/ JTs/ATs/KTs (though i'm not sure if you'd call the sb here w/ that) or bottom set given that MP/HJ can check around.

if you have 99/88 here this is a horrible flop to donk. i check fold them usually.

i can't imagine yoiu haveing QQ/JJ/AK(s)/TT/KK here so for you to donk you either have a flush draw, mid pair, top pair/not top kicker, top two (again if you call KTs here), or bottom set. i think the odds are heavily in favor of top pair or a set here since nobody is folding to yoru donk w/ the flush draw and you are going to give your hand away by checking the turn. i'd rather c'r a bb bet into the field w/ the flush draw than donk it.

given that range, i still think it is a fold from the BB on this flop w/ ATo b/c ATo is either behind already w/ people left ot act, ahead of you but not by much (b/c if it is ahead best case scenario is JTs and that is 1 hand, if not it is against a draw w/ many outs and squeezed between the field), behind others who are yet to act (and not folding out any K), or absolutely crushed. in fact, folding the flop is fairly easy given your range.

donking 66 on KK3 board is waaaaayyy different than betting into 3 people on a KTx cc board.

also, professor ben and ninawilliams, i'll be at FW tomorrow all day (leaving here like 7am so propbably be there from 9am-2or so am. i'm a chubby-ish 27y/o black shirt long sleave white undershirt. say hi if you see me.

Barron