View Single Post
Old 10-31-2007, 10:05 PM

Default Re: FW 20 I Donk(Hand Against Myself)

[ QUOTE ]
If you guys are calling ATo, are you calling A9o too? And if you are folding A9o like it's on fire, then why aren't you even considering folding ATo?

[/ QUOTE ]

Part of the reason ATo is so much stronger than A9o is simply for the fact that you can make broadway. And with a KQJ board, there's high potential for a big payday.

OP mentioned that pre-flop raiser was "MP is aggressive preflop and passive and loose postflop.", so that would make ATo an ok spot to call, as long as you can play post-flop decently. For example, here I'd be folding to the SB donk easily. Turning the A is disastrous to QJ.

As an aside, if anyone is remotely paying attention, they will notice you are folding your big blind more often than normal. Your blind will become an easier and easier target to lighter raises as the game progresses.

Also am I the only one who doesn't like using PokerTracker statistics for live games? Players are so different online vs live. Seems to me like comparing apples to oranges.

"What about KJo? KTo? QJo?"

QJo almost has odds to flop an open-ended straight draw or a gutshot along with the assorted trip/two pair monster hands at 7:1.

The other two are really borderline. I'd probably fold those, but it's a case-by-case basis.

Garland