View Single Post
Old 10-22-2007, 01:45 PM

Default Re: Advanced Degree Paths into Trading

""They were probably lucky and if they were in high school now, they'd be going to college""

Well they didnt then,arent now in college,and what does that matter anyway after their proven LONGTERM success,...oh and BTW your right they were lucky...lol

I just dont understand how a young college grad,is going to defy the gravity of WS,and argue his math degree with someone who has almost 20 years experience

""Just about any reasonably intelligent person can learn any number of quantitative/numerical methods and become a "quant" - intelligence largely separates those who apply them correctly from those who those who don't""

This has NEVER guaranteed a great trader...it helps...but NO guarantee

[b]"""I'd say that "it" is mostly intelligence, luck and a few other auxiliary abilities that allow one to utilize that intelligence. Most people way overestimate the importance of factors other than intelligence and motivation in success."""

OK...so you and the other 5000 applicants begging for the same job,have it all figured out.Thats why the Big Boys...all have the same basic starting package/salary/working 80+ hrs a week for years,hoping/praying that YOU get "lucky" like my HS grad. friends....LOL!