View Single Post
Old 10-22-2007, 01:11 PM

Default Re: Advanced Degree Paths into Trading

Sorry Crushin and OP!

I apologize abit as my rant was in part my fault for mis-reading his post,and a bigger part due to a phone call at the approximate same time I was replying to the post......I was having a heated discussion(and unfortunatly using the OP as a example....my bad) about the change in trader physchology from "guts to math only".

It was in NO WAY intended towards any specific person,or esp. the OP

As to the OP's question:

I would tend to agree with option #3,as there are just sooo many grads in the same position,with the same Big Name school credentials,high GPA's ,equal degrees....and the big firms are "conveniently" all on the same page as to starting salary,working 80+ hrs a week,starting at the bottom,with a LONG time horizon,if any, to the lucrative side of trading,etc

Once again...sorry if I offended anyone,but I was just being BRUTALLY honest!

Stephen [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

BTW option #4 is just an ole' DTing "trick" as well,that was used to promise them riches.

"Yeah...Just put up $5000 and we will give you 10x....even higherX buying power within our fund.
After two months ,the majority of these guys were broke,as it just took ONE bad trade with that kind of leverage to be cooked.....obviously after running up huge commission costs