Thread: pay off?
View Single Post
Old 11-24-2007, 03:27 PM

Default Re: pay off?

PokerBob--

I also think you have to raise this flop. Even if you get threebet a lot (which for whatever it's worth I doubt is true). Honestly, between this and the AcTc thread and various other threads, it seems like you try way too hard to save fractions of bets when pots are on the line.

For whatever it's worth, if you get threebet, think about fourbetting. I never have a good sense of what your Villains are all about, but a lot of guys will give a free card to a fourbet way way more than they threebet/check, and sometimes you'll pick up some sort of physical read, or scare card, that will let you steal the pot on the turn. Again, this all depends on raising the flop being mandatory; I'm taking that as a given. Obviously I don't put in the raise hoping to fourbet or anything; sometimes it's just the best way to go after you get threebet. Anyway, finding extra places to steal medium-sized pots from stuff like TT, and getting live hands to make bad turn folds, in spots like this is IMO a big part of limit hold'em, especially live limit hold'em.

--Nate