View Single Post
Old 05-19-2007, 09:09 PM

Default ask Dcifrths...well, anything...about finance/mkts/ports that is.

title i think says it all...except for this:

DISCLAIMER: as opposed to most of the ask poster X about XYZ, i am nowhere NEAR qualified to give all, or likely even most, of the answers.

i do hope though, that the questions will expose holes in my understanding or prompt others who have the requisite knowledge to chime in.

i'm not averse to research so if a question is asked that require such i'll happily do it if i deem it worthy.

i hope this post will prompt some people to ask questions that they would otherwise be unwilling to post as a thread on their own. Or, if somebody wants to go over a concept that would hijack another post, this would be the place, imo.

Evan, if this is inappropriate, lemme know but i think it will prove valuable to everyone.

[/Disclaimer]

Now, for my qualifications: 2 years as an Economist for the dept. of labor in DC. MBA in finance w/ concentration in mathematical finance. 6 months intense training with top 3 macro-strategy hedge fund. now have time on my hands as i search for my next job...which is why i've been so active in this forum as of late. i'd like to stay sharp and keep learning.

let'er rip [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Thanks,
Barron