View Single Post
Old 03-21-2007, 09:16 PM

Default Re: Wacky HU action, Lagtard vs Lagtard, river bluffraising

[ QUOTE ]
what does that hand have to do with anything

the k8 calldown is pretty standard. the board is v drawy and the other guy's line doesnt really make sense for a strong hand. if u think that hand makes these guys insane enough to 3bet the turn with jack high no draw and then peel a cap, then i really dont think u have a good grasp of the language of heads up play

[/ QUOTE ]

I think the overall situation is relatively easy to describe. At this point, it's a pissing contest, in which every 3-5 hands each raise is seen as a dare for the other person to raise, and the other person knows it's a dare but also knows the other person knows that. Bleah!

And I don't think he 3-bet the turn with J-high no draw, I think he had some sort of ISD or flush draw (you were the one that brought up JTo).

For what little it's worth, player B raised the river, and A folded. Player B had a busted ISD -- I know this because I was him. I'm not proud of the river raise, but I think it may have been reasonable. (I'm definitely not proud of the way I played the rest of the hand, but I'm still working on my game against hyper-aggro players.)

By the way, given the donkey-like sure-to-be-crushed-if-he-played-higher-but-definitely-a-winner-at-this-level play of my opponent, I wouldn't be surprised if he's a 2+2'er. If you recognize this hand, shoot me a PM [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img].