View Single Post
Old 11-08-2007, 12:19 PM

Default Re: FutureDoc, Look inside.....[CENSORED] THREAD! [CENSORED] THREAD!

[ QUOTE ]
Lacky, I have great respect for you and your game.

I think the difference is that some of us are 20-22 years old and are seeing these thousands of dollars and are making $50+ an hour and are thinking (rightfully so i hope) that if we are this young and have only been playing poker this seriously for a couple of years (or less) that we have a big ceiling above us that we can potentially get to.

We are trying to work on our games and at times it doesn't seem like we are really improving or making more money and we are frustrated because we see this great opportunity for 'financial freedom' and to not have to get real jobs when we graduate college.

For me personally, I understand that I have made more money for the last year or so then most adults and even college graduates make in a year but I am still frustrated because I think I can be making more then I am currently making.

I don't think there is anyone who would say that a college kid making $50+ an hour is doing badly, but when we see that we can be making more it is frustrating to be making 'just 50' or 'just x' .

Perhaps we are just spoiled, but I don't think thats it. I think we know that most of us are capable of making more money then we are currently making and are having a frustrating time getting there.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think you guys are spoiled at all, and there is nothing wrong with wanting more and working hard to get there. We ALL want more, and most of us that people would consider good around here are constantly working at it.

What I'm saying is that most of us will reach a platue, based mostly on inherent abilities I beleive, and will struggle to go significantly beyond it.

We should all shoot high, but there will always be someone running hotter, making more, playing higher, etc. To stay sane you have to learn to shoot higher while at the same time be happy with what you have accomplished and where you are. It's not easy. We all struggle with it. A few break out and play much higher, make much more. Most dont.