View Single Post
Old 11-18-2007, 06:40 PM

Default Re: Official NFL Week 11 Thread

[ QUOTE ]
Very painful to watch them do the play by play, they all try to talk at once and I'm just like plz shut up and then show us the delayed highlight so you dont spoil it "OMG WHAT A KICK I THINK HE MADE IT OOO WAIT DID HE WTF?" Then they dont show it for 20sec and Im sitting there like, you gotta be kidding me.

[/ QUOTE ]

BillNye - exactly.

and it's something i'm not even sure the NFL execs fully realize is a problem.
Every single Sunday when they are watching games they have whatever satellite hook-up they want.
They get to say, "Hey, I don't want to watch Bill Cowher babble about it. Lets just watch it live."

They don't even think of the little people like us who are screaming, "Shut up already and just show me the damn game."
I'm not sure they have an awareness of how much they are actually hurting their own league.
This is quite a statement though considering that the NFL is a hugely successful product and TV ratings are generally pretty good and you have networks spending mucho dollars for the broadcast rights.
But just because it is already a hugely popular product does not mean it couldn't be improved. I would argue that it has achieved its level of success IN SPITE OF some of it's obvious flaws including limiting the number of games you get to see in a given year and all that messy in-studio-because-we-aren't-allowed-to-show-you-this-yet stuff.