View Single Post
Old 11-18-2007, 06:36 PM

Default Re: Official NFL Week 11 Thread

yeah, i am really vaguely familiar with those rules in that I know it goes 'something like that'.
But I'm arguing that it doesn't have to be that way.

They are dumb in how they are protecting the other network's national time-slot game so much and should not have such idiotic rules.

Letting everybody see a fantastic 4th Q finish is better for the whole league than trying to protect the late-game network when it's the 1st Q of DAL/WAS.
Forcing a good percentage of the country to watch James Brown to play-by-play from the studio hurts the league.

Why you want to keep the whole country from seeing your league and it's very most exciting just so they are forced to only watch a studio-host TALK about the game or instead switch over the 1st Q of DAL/WAS is beyond me.

The league should want the whole country to see as many fantastic finishes as possible.
In fact, I would even be in favor of staggared start-times like in the NCAA-hoops tournament so that you have a greater chance of catching the last 2 minutes of as many different games as possible.

It ends up hurting a little bit the network that is showing the late national game.
But that affects both networks equally. And they both would benefit way more from getting to cut from one great finish to another completely uninhibited.