View Single Post
Old 11-26-2007, 04:59 PM

Default Re: psychology of poker

You are reading reviews where people are nit-picking. That example is beyond my comprehension. It is not comparable to the sentence the critic is trying to debunk.

Against rocks you must adjust accordingly. Stealing antes is going to be your focus, but as Schoonmaker is saying, you must be patient, disciplined and selective of your spots. There is nothing wrong with what Schoonmaker has written. If I use context the way this reviewer does, I can make TOP look like a roll of toilet paper.

At the beginning, Schoonmaker says that he learned to play poker to observe players. He said that he was a winning small stakes live player. It is doubtful that the average Vegas 2/4 game looks like the VFW picnic you describe.

If you learn to take the sentence you do not seem to like, and take the time to understand it, you will see the wisdom of it. Although you may read Stox and see a bunch of loose plays and call downs, they are all based in patience, discipline and *selective aggression.

In final, I think that this book would be good for you. It seems like you need to learn how to balance different concepts and learn how to apply them .You are taking great examples and smearing them based on what, I assume, are losing player's opinions.