View Single Post
Old 09-19-2007, 02:14 PM

Default Re: Quality of play in Omaha-events so far(WCOOP)?

[ QUOTE ]
it is. however, i played the 215 6max, so that played a big role. but i was taken aback at all the raising and re-raising and getting it all in preflop with 40+BB. Decent equity hands like 4578ds v. AQTT v. J988 and the likes , but there was a fair share of players getting most of their stack in preflop with a gambling mentality.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree, however you have to think about the fact that a lot of the field just aren't very experienced in omaha (and I'm being very generous with that statement) and for them their best shot is to get it in 40/60 or whatnot and hope for the best. I guess they get tired of losing pot after pot and just shove and pray, which is probably pretty close to optimal for most people in a $215 omaha tournament since they're going to get destroyed postflop.

Long story short, if you can play omaha at all I would think your EV in these things would be through the roof.

I will not be playing, since my omaha skill consists of usually being able to figure out how many outs I have before my time thing starts beeping.